The dialectical behavior therapy program at Victory Bay gives you the ability to develop new skills so that you can manage your emotions and develop healthy relationships with those around you. Through dialectical behavior therapy, our specialists can help you develop therapeutic skills that will address your mental or emotional issues while giving you the strength to end your drug or alcohol addiction. Individualized Treatment in New Jersey is available at Victory Bay. Our Individualized treatment program includes dialectical behavior in New Jersey, as well as other types of treatments. We are here to help you get on the path to a better life.
The Four Key Areas of Dialectical Behavior Therapy
When you participate in dialectical behavior therapy, your treatment specialist help you focus on four main therapeutic skills:
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness helps you become more aware of the present moment and learn acceptance of all that is. It brings a tremendous amount of peace.
- Distress tolerance: This element helps you to face your negativity head-on and develop a greater tolerance instead of trying to run from hour negativity.
- Emotion regulation: helps you develop strategies to manage and change the most intense emotions going on inside of you. If you can manage these problems, you have a greater trance of working through them and overcoming them.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: You will learn techniques that empower you to communicate with others more assertively while showing them respect and earning respect at the same time. Through interpersonal effectiveness, you can developer healthy relationships that last.
By combining all of these effective elements of dialectical behavior therapy, you can learn to handle the feelings inside of you and accept the things around you. Or dialectical behavior therapy New Jersey center offers the perfect environment for you to practice these skills. Call a treatment specialist at Victory Back to find out how to get started with your treatment.
Combining Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Other Treatment Options
At Victory Bay, we off a wide range of treatments that we combine with dialectical behavior therapy such as:
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Individualized treatment plan
- Family therapy program
- Older adults treatment system (O.A.T.S)
- Recover-safe program
We offer a more holistic approach to treatment that helps heal your mind, body, and soul. We can sit down with you to discuss the types of treatment that work best for your situation in addition to dialectical behavior therapy. Our goal is to create a therapy plan that best meets your needs and helps you overcome your addiction or mental health issues.
What to Expect During Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Dialectical behavior therapy is geared toward the individual. Your therapist will meet you with you one-on-one to focus on your greatest needs. The purpose of the treatment is so that you can transition from practicing your skills in your sessions to applying your new skills out in the real world.
Each session can last one to two hours. Once we gain some ground during your individual session, we can then transition into group therapy. Hereyou will have plenty of interaction with others who are engaging in the same type of therapy. Most groups meet weekly.
Find Out More About the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program
If you are ready to take your therapy to the next level and overcome your addiction, then contact Victory Bay today. We offer comprehensive recover through our dialectical behavior therapy program. Call us today at 855.259.1624 and sign up for your treatment.